Roasted Apples & Brussels Sprouts
Makes 6 servings
Tart-sweet Michigan Apples pair well with Brussels sprouts is this delicious oven roasted side dish. Serve with grilled pork chops or baked chicken for a family-friendly meal.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Michigan Gala Apples, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Brussels sprouts, apples and onion in a large bowl. Add oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; toss to coat well.
Spread in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan that has been coated with olive oil cooking spray.
Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are browned and tender.
Meanwhile, mix balsamic vinegar with honey in a small bowl. Drizzle over roasted Brussels sprouts, apples and onions when done. Toss to coat well and serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving (without salt): Calories: 117, Fat: 3.8g, Carbohydrate: 20g, Protein: 3g, Fiber: 4.4g, Sodium: 21mg