Baked Squash with Apples
- 3 Delecata or Buttercup squash
- Butter melted as needed
- 5 oz. brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 oz. sherry
- 6 Michigan Gala or Rome Apples
- Wash and cut squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds.
- Brush surface and cavity with melted butter. Place close together cut side down on baking sheet. This helps squash cook faster without drying by retaining steam.
- Bake at 350 until almost tender 30-40 minutes.
- Turn cut side up and brush again with butter. Sprinkle cavities with sugar, salt, sherry and sliced apples.
- Bake 10-15 minuets more, until surface is glazed
From The Recipe File of Executive Chef Frank Turner