Super Foods Salad with EverCrisp® Apples, Feta and Pecans
Packs with crunchy, healthy ingredients, like EverCrisp® Apples, this tasty salad has a perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors. Makes 4 main dish salads.
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (if desired)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 package (10 oz.) Mann’s Power Blend® Mix
- 2 EverCrisp® Apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried, reduced sugar, cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar glazed pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (can substitute gorgonzola cheese)
- 4 slices of non-cured cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the Power Blend®, apples, cranberries, pecans and cheese.
Pour dressing over the salad and toss well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Serve on plates and top with chopped bacon if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (without bacon): 375 calories; 25 g fat; 39 g carbohydrate; 9.5 g protein; 7 g fiber; 404 mg sodium