Five-Step Michigan Apple Pie
- 1 package (9 oz.) JIFFY Pie Crust Mix
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart Michigan apples*
- 1 cup Michigan sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (12 oz.) container T. Marzetti’s caramel apple dip
1. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for 2 crust pie. Place bottom crust in 9-inch pie dish.
2. Combine apples, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Toss gently to evenly coat apple slices. Spread filling evenly over bottom crust. Dot with pieces of butter.
3. Moisten edge of lower crust lightly with water. Cover with top crust, trim and flute edges. Cut 3 slits in top crust for venting.
4. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. (To prevent over browning, cover edge of pie crust with foil. Remove during last 20 minutes of baking.)
5. Serve warm pieces of apple pie drizzled with T. Marzetti’s Caramel Apple Dip just before serving. Heat dip to drizzle easily.
*Best Pie Apples: Ida Red, Rome, Empire, Gala, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh.