Baked Apples Stuffed with Cheesecake
- 6 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 Michigan Apples
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- In mixing bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, yogurt, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice and cardamom until smooth.
- Cut 1/2 inch off tops and bottoms of apple. Place apples and apple tops on small rimmed baking pan. Using melon baller, hollow out apples, leaving about 1/2-inch thick layer of apple flesh around outside.
- Divide graham cracker mixture between apples and press into bottoms of apples, forming bottom crust. Divide cream cheese mixture between apples.
- Transfer to oven. Bake 15 minutes; transfer apple tops to small plate. Return apples to oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until cream cheese mixture is set.
- Transfer pan to wire rack; let cool 20 minutes. Cover apples with apple tops. Transfer pan to refrigerator and let chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve garnished with mint leaves.