Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 9 rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
- For the Apple Cinnamon Rolls:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) crescent dinner rolls
- 1 Michigan Braeburn apple, finely chopped
For the Maple Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Make the Apple Cinnamon Rolls: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush 9-inch cake pan with 1 tablespoon butter. In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on work surface. Press and pinch all perforations to seal.
- Evenly brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over butter. Evenly spread chopped apple over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border at long edges of dough.
- Starting from one long edge of dough, roll dough up into long tube; pinching edges to seal. If any perforations in dough have opened, pinch to seal before cutting rolls. Using sharp knife, cut dough into 9 pieces. Arrange pieces, cut side up, in prepared pan. Flatten each roll slightly.
- Transfer to oven and bake 20 to 22 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and dough is cooked through. Transfer to wire rack to cool 5 minutes before transferring rolls to serving platter.
- Meanwhile, make the Maple Cream Cheese Glaze: In microwave safe bowl, heat cream cheese on high 20 seconds. Add maple syrup and powdered sugar; whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls and serve immediately.