Apple Orchard Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 cups Chicken breast, diced
- 8 cups spring greens
- 4 fresh Michigan Gala apples, thin sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup glazed walnuts
- 1 cup apple cider vinaigrette dressing
Toss salad greens and apple cider vinaigrette together in bowl. Arrange diced chicken on top of greens. Sprinkle cheese to cover. Arrange apple slices in circular rows to cover (hint: apple will oxidize, these should be placed just before serving. You may want to drop in lemon juice and water to prevent browning.) Sprinkle glazed walnuts to finish.
Yield: 6-8 portions.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle of ground clove to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 and ¼ cup vegetable oil
Mix together all ingredients (except oil) until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and mix before serving.
Yield: 8 servings @ 2 and ½ cups. Will refrigerate up to one week.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté walnuts until slightly toasted. Sprinkle with sugar and toss over heat one minute.