Michigan Apple Chicken Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta noodles
- ½ medium shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Michigan Gala apples, cored and chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (suggested: meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together shallot, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, poppyseeds, salt and pepper.
- Add apples, cheese, chicken, pecans, cherries and cooked pasta to bowl with dressing. Toss until well combined; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving. Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.