- 2 medium red Michigan Apples
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped orange segments
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Yield: 3 cups.
Per Serving, 3 tablespoons (31.28 grams)
- 15 Calories
- 0 g fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 11 mg sodium
- 1 g fiber
- 4 g carbohydrates
Core and dice apples into 1/4 inch pieces. Toss immediately with lime juice. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill 2 hours before serving over fish, chicken or turkey.
Suggested Michigan Apple varieties to use: Empire, Gala, Ida Red, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh, Red Delicious, or Rome.