Spicy Apple Glazed Meatball Skewers
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 18 prepared meatballs, thawed if frozen
- 18 1-inch green pepper squares
- 18 fresh unpeeled McIntosh or Northern Spy apple wedges
- 18 1-inch pieces green onion
- Green onion tops (optional)
(3 skewers per serving):
- Calories 261
- Total Fat 9g
- Sat. Fat. 3g
- Trans. Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 68mg
- Sodium 493mg
- Total Carbohydrates 28g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 18g
- Protein 16g
Combine brown sugar, cornstarch and spices in saucepan. Stir in apple juice, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Simmer 2 minutes until thick and clear, stirring occasionally.
Add meatballs and glaze on low heat 2 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
Make skewers of 1 green pepper square, 1 meatball, 1 apple wedge and 1 piece green onion.
Drizzle about 1 tablespoon remaining glaze onto each serving plate. Arrange 3 skewers on plate. Garnish with green onion top cut into thin strips.
Makes 6 Servings (3 skewers)