Michigan Apple Nachos
These nachos can be made in a few minutes and will appeal to adults and kids alike. Feel free to improvise and use other ingredients you may have on hand.
Makes approximately 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice plus 2 cups water
- 2-3 Michigan Apples
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or other nut butter, warmed
- 2 tablespoons nuts and/or seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons raisins or other dried fruit
Combine the lemon juice and water into a medium bowl. Slice apples into 1/4-inch wedges and add slices to lemon water.
Remove slices from water and pat dry with a paper towel.
Arrange apples on a platter. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and nut butter.
Sprinkle with nuts, seeds, coconut and dried fruit. Enjoy!
Nutrition information per serving: 249 calories; 11 g fat; 31 g carbohydrate; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 81 mg sodium