Fresh Michigan Apple & Pork Cassoulet
- 4 pork chops
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) white beans, drained
- 3 medium Michigan McIntosh apples, cored and julienned
- 4 tablespoons Lou Ana coconut oil
- Garlic-salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, place pork and chicken broth in and cook over medium heat with a lid on. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, or until pork is tender. Add onion, mushroom and tomatoes. Cook for 5 more minutes with lid on.
- Add white beans and apples, cook 10 minutes more. Add coconut oil, and bring it to melt, stir evenly.
- Season with garlic-salt and cayenne pepper, according to taste. Mix evenly. Serve hot.
Submitted by Kim Landhuis (DeWitt, Mich.)