- 1 cup shredded Michigan Apples
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup cold, cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 5 hamburger buns, optional
- 5 tomato slices, optional
- Lettuce, optional
- Vegetable cooking spray
Per Serving, 1 patty (120.38 grams)
- 250 Calories
- 12 g fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 278 mg sodium
- 3 g fiber
- 30 g carbohydrates
Place apples and remaining ingredients in food processor bowl. Using metal blade, process about 30 seconds or until evenly chopped and thoroughly combined. Using 1/2 cup measure, portion and shape mixture into 5 patties. (Mixture will be soft.) Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake in 400 degree oven about 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve hot on bun with tomato and lettuce or with sweet and sour sauce, if desired.
Note: Patties may be broiled 4-5 inches from heat, about 3 minutes per side or until deep golden brown.
Suggested Michigan Apple varieties to use: Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious, Ida Red, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh, or Rome.