Apple Glorified Rice
- 3/4 cup regular converted rice
- 2 cups Michigan Apple Cider or Michigan Apple Juice
- 2 cups cubed, red Michigan Apples
- 1 can (8 oz.) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup broken pecans, optional
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup quartered drained maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen reduced fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (8 oz.) lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 8 servings
Per serving, 2/3 cup
- 230 Calories
- 3 g Fat
- 2 mg Cholesterol
- 4 g Protein
- 50 g Carbohydrate
- 36 mg Sodium
- 1 g Dietary Fiber
Cook rice according to package directions using Michigan Apple Cider in place of water and omitting butter and salt. Cool completely.
Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
Suggested Michigan Apple varieties to use: Empire, Gala, Ida Red, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh, Red Delicious or Rome.