Apple Dessert Squares
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) butter pecan cake mix
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups thinly sliced, peeled Michigan Apples
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Vegetable cooking spray
Per serving, 1 square
9 g Fat
11 mg Cholesterol
59 g Carbohydrates
355 mg Sodium
1 g Fiber
Thoroughly combine cake mix, margarine and water. Press evenly and firmly into bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350°F about 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Combine Michigan Apples, flour and spice. Arrange evenly over hot crust. Pour condensed milk over Apples.
Return to oven and bake 50 minutes longer or until milk is golden brown and Apples are tender. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12 servings, 3-inches square.
Suggested Michigan Apples varieties to use: Empire, Gala, Ida Red, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh or Rome.