Apple Noodle Kugel
• 1 bag of extra wide egg noodles
• 1 stick of butter
• 1, 15 ounce container of ricotta cheese
• 1, 16 ounce container of sour cream
• ½ cup cinnamon apple sauce
• 4 large eggs
• ¾ cup white sugar
• ½ cup of brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
• 2 medium Michigan Northern Spy, Cortland, or Honeycrisp, peeled, cored and diced
• 1 ½ cups crushed Frosted Flakes, mixed with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to boil with 1 teaspoon salt. Add dry egg noodles and boil for 7 minutes.
3. Drain and return the noodles back to the pot. Add butter and stir until melted. Leave in the pot while
you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
4. In a food processor, add ricotta, sour cream, apple sauce, sugar, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon,
nutmeg, and honey. Pulse until mixed and smooth. Pour the mixture over the noodles and stir until the
noodles are well coated. Add the apples and mix well.
5. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 baking dish and top with the Frosted Flakes mixture.
6. Bake for 1 hour. (If the cereal starts to burn, cover with foil for the remainder of the cooking time.)
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 – 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 18 as side dish servings Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour