• 1 cup (8 ounces) part skim ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves, plus 18 small fresh basil leaves for garnish
• 2 teaspoons honey
• Pinch ground black pepper
• ¾ of a French baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/3-inch thick pieces (you should have 18 pieces)
• Olive oil
• 2 Michigan McIntosh or Northern Spy apples, cored and thinly sliced (18 slices
1. In small bowl, stir together ricotta, blue cheese, chopped basil, honey and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place baguette slices on rimmed baking pan and lightly brush one side with oil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven; let cool.
3. To serve, top each baguette slice with a heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture, 1 apple slice and 1 basil leaf.