• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed if necessary
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup apple juice
• 1 Michigan Gala apple, chopped
• 1 package (8 to 10 ounces) cheese tortellini
• 1 package (5 ounces) baby spinach
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• Grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
1. Heat oil in large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sausage and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage with back of spoon.
2. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in stock, cream and juice; heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium; stir in apple and tortellini. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in spinach and salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until spinach is slightly wilted and tortellini is tender.
5. Serve tortellini garnished with Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.