Michigan Apple Committee posted on November 01, 2017 |
White Cheddar, Apple and Cranberry Stuffed Chicken from The Nutritionist Reviews is ready in just 30 minutes and is full of flavor! The mix of sweet, tangy and creamy flavors will make this one of your favorite easy meals!
The first stuffed chicken recipe that I made was this Apple-Cheddar Stuffed Chicken with Apple Cider-Dijon Sauce. It was so good that I immediately put a bunch of other stuffed chicken recipe ideas on my must-make recipe list that I keep handy at all times. I wanted to make another simple recipe that also tasted delicious. That is how this White Cheddar, Apple and Cranberry Stuffed Chicken was created!
Sharp white cheddar cheese is full of flavor and tastes delicious along with the other ingredients used in this recipe. I used golden delicious apples since they are soft and baked well. You can feel free to use canned or homemade cranberry sauce. I recommend the homemade kind but any kind will do. The baby spinach is for color and nutrition.
Pair this chicken with your favorite roasted vegetables and roasted potatoes and you have yourself a delicious dinner. This chicken is really no-fuss because all you have to do is cut it, stuff it and then bake it. I love that! Dinner in half an hour and minimal hands-on time is the best!
White Cheddar, Apple and Cranberry Stuffed Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
• 4 medium boneless-skinless chicken breasts
• 1 Michigan Golden Delicious Apple, sliced thinly
• 1/2 cup baby spinach
• 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1/4 cup cranberry sauce (canned or homemade)
• 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Cut each chicken breast across the long ways but not all the way through.
3. Stuff the chicken with white cheddar cheese, apple slices, onion, spinach and cranberry sauce. Drizzle each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
Amanda Hernandez is a registered dietitian and recipe developer. She grew up on a farm filled with apple trees and apples are one of her favorite foods! She is the author of The Nutritionist Reviews, a healthy recipe, nutrition, fitness and parenting blog. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.